Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nimish_nagpal
Regular Visitor

Refresh Dataset Start to Fail

Hello Team,

I have been encountering an issue with the PowerBI Report dataset fails to refresh with an error "We can't connect to that SQL Server Analysis Services database. Please verify that the database exists, that the user account used to access this data source has access to the database, and that the database is accessible over the network via an on-premises data gateway."

How does my process work?

I am connection PowerBI Report with the Azure Analysis Service using a Service Principal. The SP allows me to deploy my powerBI reports on the Web Services, and authenticate the dataset using Azure Devops Release. I have provided all relevant permissions to the SP to connect to AAS and the PBI Workspace.

Problem:

The refresh of the dataset works on the day I deploy the report with SP (via devops), but the next day it starts to fail. 

I have tried to re-deploy and realised that it again allows completing refreshing of dataset on the day of deployment and the starts to fail the next day.

2 REPLIES 2
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@nimish_nagpal 

As suggsted by @v-alq-msft , please raise a support ticket to investigate.

So that team will investigate with Fiddler traces, if possible attach the Gateway logs(if you have it).

investigate it in different level as the data source is Azure SSAS, Fiddler, Gateway*.

If possible, mentional few more details to investigate.

Data Source:- Azure SSAS

Connectivity Mode:- Import / Live Connection

Issue Occured:- Power Bi Service refresh failure

Capacity :- Shared/Premium(Diamond Symbol)

If you have any queries, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

Thank You.

Venal.

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @nimish_nagpal 

It is strange that the refresh of the dataset works on the day and fails on the next day. I'd like to suggest you to use fiddler to trace operate sessions and submit a support ticket with these trace log as detail contents for furthur support.

Fiddler is a free tool from Telerik that monitors HTTP traffic. You can see the communication with the Power BI service from the client machine. This communication might show errors and other related information.

a1.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors