cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjstreet Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Refesh: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.

I just verified that all of our production reports are working fine and haven't heard any reports from the field of issues. Have you logged the issue with MS Support?

Highlighted
neilmanson60 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Refesh: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.

Yes we've logged the issue - getting bound around the different support teams at the moment with little progress however I do notice the issue has been acknowledged at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/  We are finding it is very intermittant and can work fine for 15 mins or for some users then just be completely unresponsive for others. 

apurvapandey Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We are facing the same issue since the last 3 days - Reports fail to refresh intermittently every now and then - 

Visuals keep buffering and then eventually fail - This is happening for workspaces both on Premium and shared capacity.

Very frustrating. 

TheNov3mberist Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Issue still hasn't been resolved for us either. Some reports show incomplete or zero information. Data sources will be shown as completed seconds after refreshing and still show no data.

donquijote Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This issue seems to be back and has been affecting us for the last few days in a particularly damaging way.

Was this issue finally solved? Was there any changes we had to do on our reports to prevent these refresh errors?

TheNov3mberist Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

The issue still persists for me as well except I don't receive any errors. Once the report is uploaded to the service and the data is refreshed, the report shows no data.  I've had an open support ticket with Microsoft for a couple of weeks.  I've noticed it only  affects reports that use a merge statement. So much time has passed i've had to rebuild quite a few of our reports using sql statements  for the joins and loading it into a single table instead of loading multiple tables and merging in Power BI. 

niasha Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing similar issue in last few days only for one of our reports.

I am going to update gateway and windows so it might be fixed !?

gigabyte2001 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I'm having the same issue.  It only impacts one report (my newest.)  Both last night & tonight the report failed to refresh due to internal service issue.  I edited & republished the report during the day today so I would think if the issue were related to the report, it would be fixed now.   All my gateways report they are functioning properly.  I don't have a merge in my report either.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

Read the announcement for more information!

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

November 2019 Community Highlights

November 2019 Community Highlights

Get an overview of the events and great community content from November.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)