Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jeronimo2334
Helper III
Helper III

References other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source.

Hello, 

I have a report that utilizes a private API. It all works well when developing in the Desktop platform but when I publish to the service and try to sync the data I get:

• Underlying error code-2147467259
  • Underlying error message[Unable to combine data] Section1/table_here references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.
  • DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult-2147467259
  • Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources[{"kind":"Web","path":"API_URL_HERE"}]
  • Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.ReasonPrivacyError

I have tried the solutions already mentioned in https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2015/03/11/power-query-errors-please-rebuild-this-data-combination/ but no luck. Also I have tried setting the privacy to `Private` and `None`. 

Quick description of how I have this setup. 
I have a Query that does this :

let
URL = "...",
AuthSource = "...",
AuthBody = [...],
AuthData = Json.Document(Web.Contents(AuthSource, [Headers=[#"Content-Type"="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"],
Content=Text.ToBinary(Uri.BuildQueryString(AuthBody))])),
Token = "Bearer "&Record.Field(AuthData, "access_token")
in
Token

Then I have another query like this 

let
Token = #"Token",
URL = "...",
Report = Json.Document(Web.Contents(URL,[Headers=[#"Content-Type"="application/json", Authorization=Token]])),
Embedded = Record.Field(Report, "return"),
#"Converted to Table" = ...
in
#"Changed Type1"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeronimo2334
Helper III
Helper III

I was able to figure it out. It looks like I had to set the privacy level to `Organizational` on both the Dekstop version and the service level. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jeronimo2334 

This is because of the firewall settings.

What you can do is follow this blog post below to see how to overcome this issue: https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2015/03/11/power-query-errors-please-rebuild-this-data-combination/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Element115
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You shoud be more specific and write instead: It is because of the Data Privacy Firewall built into PQ! 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/dataprivacyfirewall

jeronimo2334
Helper III
Helper III

I was able to figure it out. It looks like I had to set the privacy level to `Organizational` on both the Dekstop version and the service level. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors