Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cher90
Helper II
Helper II

Referenced tables do not update after changing the data source!

Hello!

What I want to do ?

Change data source and resynchronize my dataset with the new data source.

What I have done :

I had a dashbord in power service (premium per user) which worked with data source 1 (postgres), a migration was made to a more recent postgres and I therefore had to change the data source to data source 2 (postgres ).

My dataset contains tables that come directly from data source A and B and other tables that I created myself

A1 which is a reference of A and B2 which is a reference of B. All the tables are configured with the incremental refresh and everything worked well.

First I changed the data source in power bi desktop then I used ALM toolkit to update my dataset in Power BI service.

My problem after changing to data source 2:

Tables A and B update without problem but A2 and B2 do not update, I get this error via SSMS :

Erreur de source de données: Information is needed in order to combine data;Information about a data source is required.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
URI du cluster: WABI-FRANCE-CENTRAL-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
ID d'activité: 1b80197f-a8b4-40fe-b967-7b141b0749f3
ID de demande: 4d076e87-414c-40fe-b7e2-ec7a2dbf946d
Heure: 2022-12-02 01:46:09Z

Any idea of the source of the problem please? Why these referenced tables do not update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @cher90 ,

This article might be helpful to you:

https://excel-start.com/power-bi-error-information-is-needed-in-order-to-combine-data

Please accept as solution if this answers the question- thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @cher90 ,

This article might be helpful to you:

https://excel-start.com/power-bi-error-information-is-needed-in-order-to-combine-data

Please accept as solution if this answers the question- thanks!

Hi djurecicK2,

Thanks a lot.

But I'm looking for a solution without re overwriting the report that there is in Power BI service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors