Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Verknuepfer

Reference tables data not refreshing on Service

Hallo everyone,

I am dealing with a strange behaviour on PBI-Service. I have my fact-data "SD_Data" a reference table "3-5_Customer_Fact_ProdOpt" which is a simple group by on the SD_Data table.

When I am refreshing my data on my Desktop, everything is working fine. But if I make the refresh on the service, the 3-5-Table won't get any refresh. But my SD-Data does. I am working with only a small dataset on my Desktop and want to make a bigger load on the service, thats exactly where the problem occurs.

I permitted "enable load" and "include in report refresh" for both tables in the query editor. I even tried to add a step in my m-code as "Table.Buffer(PreviousTable)" - no reaction. Other tables which are also referenced on SD_Data have the same behaviour.

I load SD_Data via import-mode from SAP Business Warehouse.

Version is 2.85.985.0 64-bit (September 2020)

Our Service has Premium capacity

Anybody an idea what could be the cause?

Thanks a lot in advance!
BR
Mark

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing similar issue. Did anyone get answer for above question ?

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Verknuepfer ,

What is the error message that you are receiving when you try to refresh the table that fails?

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq ,

thanks for messaging. I don't receive any kind of error message, thats what make me struggle so hard. Everything seems to do as it shoud - but the reference tables are not refreshed.

Regards

Mark

Hi @Verknuepfer,

Have you figured out how to solve this? I have exactly same issue... 

Hi @spock1984 

we switched our data source from SAP BW to HANA and don't have this problem anymore.

But I spent a lot of time with the Microsoft support to figure this out.. probably it has to deal something with the query folding: Query folding | Microsoft Docs

We had some preparation steps after loading the data from SAP BW (Change data type, text functions, etc.). This might caused the problem.. now in HANA we prepared views which don't need to be changed in Power BI. Out of PBI we make a select * and everything works proper.

I hope this will help you

Best regards

Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors