Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Red Warning Icon Next to Dataset Refresh Data -- PowerBI Report no Longer Updates

I get this error when I click the red warning icon next to my dataset.

Something went wrong

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect
  • Activity ID: 72bcab64-7024-4571-96a7-3244d5138f2e
  • Request ID: 242d44a2-be43-add5-2e37-a276bac89d1a
  • Time: 2020-07-07 13:37:54Z

Excel file on my desktop saves to onedrive fine, no errors on that end. But the data never gets to the PowerBI report, I keep getting the red warning icon next to the time/date the dataset was refreshed.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Due to the location of your data source changed, so please update it in Advanced Editor as below second screen shot. You can refer this documentation to get the file path in OneDrive.

let
Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://xxx.sharepoint.com/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx.xlsx"), null, true),
Sheet1_Sheet = Source{[Item="Sheet1",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Sheet1_Sheet, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"ID", type text}, {"Name", type text}, {"QTY", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Changed Type"

Local excel fileLocal excel fileExcel in OneDriveExcel in OneDrive

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've only ever built/used the Power BI report on the webservice --  do I have access to the advanced editor which seems to only be on the desktop version?

Sorry to hear that.  I think it's only on the desktop version.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

instead of web.contents try sharepoint.files or sharepoint.contents . Also try with API 14 instead of 15.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors