Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Recovery admin password

Hi,

I registered my domain in Office 365, to use PowerBI and Azure and try the Power BI trial period. So I created 2 accounts:

* contact@ * (I made this account admin)

* support@ * (normal account)

However, at a certain moment I went to the account * contact @ * (whose access data was saved in the browser and PowerBI Desktop) and I was asked to change the password. I did the password change process on the run and now I don't remember the password I registered.

I tried the password recovery procedures offered but failed.

How do I recover my administrator account password?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to contact support in Brazil today, they will contact you by email / tel to reset the password. Thank you

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gustavoandrade ,

If you want to change password of your powerbi account, please use the following link to request a password reset.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-forgot-your-password

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-zhenbw-msft  did not work.
I forgot my Office365 administrator password and am unable to recover it.

The following message appeared on the link you passed:

SSPR_0014: você não registrou as informações de segurança necessárias para executar a redefinição de senha. Se você for um administrador, poderá obter mais informações nos artigos Registro para a redefinição de senha self-service e Como distribuir com êxito a redefinição de senha. Se você não for um administrador, forneça essas informações quando entrar em contato com o seu administrador.

My only alternative is to contact support in Brazil?

Hi @gustavoandrade ,

Please refer this article.

For specific information, please refer to Troubleshoot self-service password reset.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-zhenbw-msft 

The message below appears:

Your account is not enabled for password reset.
We're sorry, but your IT staff has not set up your account for use with this service.
If you'd like, we can contact an administrator in your organization to reset your password for you.

However, this account is the administrator itself. How do I recover my admin password?

Or you could make this user (gustavoandrade / support @..) that I'm using on the forum as an ADMINISTRATOR.

(Both belong to me, in my domain)

Hi @gustavoandrade ,

Your account is not enabled for password reset.
We're sorry, but your IT staff has not set up your account for use with this service.
If you'd like, we can contact an administrator in your organization to reset your password for you.

If you get this error message after typing your User ID, it means that either your organization hasn't turned on the password reset feature or you aren't allowed to use it. To reset your password in this situation, you must select the Contact an administrator link. After you click the link, an email is sent to your organization's help desk or administrator, letting them know you want to reset your password.

Or you can refer this solved post. Hope it will be helpful.

Best regards,

@v-zhenbw-msft 

I still haven't been able to recover my administrator password.
I wonder if you can enable my used email or mobile device, to receive a new password?

Or turn another user in my domain into an ADMINISTRATOR profile

Please help me.

I was able to contact support in Brazil today, they will contact you by email / tel to reset the password. Thank you

But the account that I need to reset the password is the ADMINISTRATOR himself.
I have not received an e-mail. Can you check if something is missing from my account?

Have the same issue. I'm the administrator, auto-reset password is not working!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors