Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Receiving daily subscription email without refreshed data.

I am a learner of power BI and therefore, I have come across one issue related to “subscribe”  feature of power bi report. I have subscribed a page of my report, which is scheduled to refresh daily at 6:30 AM EET. After the scheduled refresh, I receive subscribed email with snapshot of the report page at 6:33 AM EET, but without the refreshed data. I presume that after the schedule refresh it takes minimum 15 mins to reflect the current/refreshed data to dashboards and reports. Is there any solution present to reschedule the subscription ? Or any other suggestions are most welcome.   

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ankbaner,

Based on my test, for import mode, subscription mail will be sent after schedule refresh is completed.

For troubleshooting, please follow steps below:

1. Please check if data from data source has changed before the Start time of schedule refresh. Please check is there are new data inserted into source table during the period from end time of the last data refresh to start time of this schedule refresh,
  2. After data refresh is finished, please view the report in Power BI service, check if new data displays in the report actually.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ankbaner,

Based on my test, for import mode, subscription mail will be sent after schedule refresh is completed.

For troubleshooting, please follow steps below:

1. Please check if data from data source has changed before the Start time of schedule refresh. Please check is there are new data inserted into source table during the period from end time of the last data refresh to start time of this schedule refresh,
  2. After data refresh is finished, please view the report in Power BI service, check if new data displays in the report actually.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-yuta-msft , thanks for reply. Please find my comments below :

1. The data changes everyday at 6:15 AM EET in data source with new data, and the start time of schedule refresh in Power BI, 6:30 AM EET.

2. After the data refresh, the new data is reflected in Power BI service, but NOT in the snapshot of subscribed mail. As I said, it takes around 15 mins to reflect the new data in Power BI service, so technically the data is reflected at 6:45 AM EET but the snapshot is taken within 3 min of schedule refresh at 6:33 AM EET.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm running into the same issue. I also called BI-Support but they've not heard of the problem before.

I'm thinking it might either be timezone related or due to too many tables in the tab.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors