cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Harsh_Jariwala Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Rebind - Power BI Rest API clarification

I have a report named report1 in workspace named workspace1 which is pointing to shared dataset named dataset1. Next, I am coping this report in workspace2 and then rebinding report1 to dataset2 which is also a shared dataset using Power BI REST API. Now, if I download this report (post rebinding) as .pbix it gets downloaded with dataset1. Please know that on Power BI service, it is still showing the data of dataset2 in workspace2 for this same report. 

Is this something expected from "rebind through Rest API" or I am missing something?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Rebind - Power BI Rest API clarification

Hi @Harsh_Jariwala ,

After researching, I think it might be a bug. You could create a support ticket to get a dedicated support.  And please share the solution when you solve the issue. More people will benefit from here.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 145 members 1,549 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: