Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Obed_Gabana
Regular Visitor

Realtime information from Exchange Online mailbox

Realtime information from Exchange Online

Hi I am making a report from a shared mailbox in Exchange Online. This report needs to show me how much unread mail there is in the mailbox and how much unread mails there are in the mailbox with a specified subject. I did it with the Microsoft Exchange connector from PowerBi. This worked well but the problem is that the data is not real time. I have the possibility to use Data Refresh to refresh the dataset but this is only possible 8 times a day? I heard that there are some possibilities to stream live data with a streaming dataset but I don’t know if it is possible to retrieve the API information of a Microsoft Exchange shared mailbox. Can somebody help me or push me in the right direction.

Question: How can i make a realtime dashboard of a Exchange Online shared mailbox.

PS: I am a beginner 😂😁

Thanks in Advance! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

There isn't much to it. Something like this:

lbendlin_0-1652904937081.png

View solution in original post

your flow looks exactly like mine. No idea why it thinks that the first step is not a trigger.  Can you create other flows that are triggered by incoming emails?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Instead of scheduling the refresh you may want to consider triggering the refresh from Power Automate.  You can setup a flow there that initiates a dataset refresh when a new email comes in (optionally when it comes with the specific subject).

Hi Ibendlin,

Thank you for your information, i am trying it right now with Power Automate. I see a option Refresh dataset but i dont see the possibility to set this automaticly can you show me which items i need to use to make this flow in power automate?

Thanks in advance

Obed Gabana

There isn't much to it. Something like this:

lbendlin_0-1652904937081.png

Hi Ibendlin,

I thought of the same thing but when i try this combination it is giving me the following error:

Must contain at least a trigger and an action

In the screenshot it is in dutch.

errorpa.JPG

your flow looks exactly like mine. No idea why it thinks that the first step is not a trigger.  Can you create other flows that are triggered by incoming emails?

Thank you i did it in the Power Automate website and there it worked. When i did it directly in Powerbi it didn't.

Yes, when you do it from inside Power BI you are already locked in to a manual flow trigger (Power BI button pressed).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors