Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ClubmanPlus850

Realtime Push URL returning 401 from app integration (though works fine from cURL)

Hi!

I am trying to setup an integration with Power BI Service for ingesting real time data. I have configured the data set and a dashboard as per the documentation.

When I test using cURL (with the provided code when setting up the API) it works fine - i see the data populated into the dashboard. However when I use the push URL in my application I can see the data going out, but getting a 401 from PowerBI - I have compared the headers, URL and everything looks fine. I can't for the life of me work out what is causing the 401

as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-real-time-streaming 

"For streaming datasets created using the Power BI service UI, as described in the previous paragraph, Azure AD authentication is not required. In such datasets, the dataset owner receives a URL with a rowkey, which authorizes the requestor to push data into the dataset with out using an Azure AD OAuth bearer token. "

as such the URL with embedded key should be enough (and indeed, with cURL it is) - is there any way to debug why I am getting this issue? does anyone know why this issue is occurring? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ClubmanPlus850

hej! thanks for the reply - turns out the error was 10cm behind the keyboard... a classic ID-10T error 😉 (failed to notice that the push URL was already URL encoded)

but thanks for the link, a good reference for the future

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ClubmanPlus850

hej! thanks for the reply - turns out the error was 10cm behind the keyboard... a classic ID-10T error 😉 (failed to notice that the push URL was already URL encoded)

ClubmanPlus850

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ClubmanPlus850 

Please check if this post could help.

https://bpcs.com/blog/power-bi-streaming-data-sets-the-good-the-great-and-the-gotchas 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors