Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nphdiem95
Frequent Visitor

Real-time streaming with updating data

Hi everyone.

I have recently made a real-time streaming for my data, using power BI live stream dataset and MS Flow.

I realized that the rows is just inserted into dataset. That includes updated rows, whichs I want to update, not to insert.

h1.png

If my data has updated rows, should I use live stream or schedule refresh?

Thanks,

Diem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@nphdiem95

As I know, for streaming dataset, you can only push (insert) rows. It's not possible to update the inserted rows. Also you can't schedule refresh a streaming dataset.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only add more rows. 😞

But, depending on your source data, you might be able to include additional fields that will allow you to filter only the most recent version of the rows.

I did this when I was tracking help desk tickets through the add rows features. I wanted to only see "open" tickets, but they weren't dropping off the list after they were closed.

So instead of only sending the Open tickets via Flow, I sent all tickets. Then I looked at their MAXIMUM status and excluded the closed tickets from the Table visualization via the Visualization Filter.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@nphdiem95

As I know, for streaming dataset, you can only push (insert) rows. It's not possible to update the inserted rows. Also you can't schedule refresh a streaming dataset.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors