cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
simontemplar Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Real Time dashboard tile + history

want to retrieve data from Microsoft CRM Online into Power BI every night to show how the data developed over the time.

E.g. retrieving a new data “snapshot” every night to see how many active opportunities there have been or how the progress of the projects developed over time.

And at the same time, I would like to see these historical retrieved data on a chart, like a timeline for example.

Is this Data Streaming? and is it only possible to have this using APIs or services such as PubNub, or is there any other way?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Real Time dashboard tile + history

I believe what you should look at is retrieving the data via the CRM Online Content Pack or via the CRM Online Connector and this will grab all of your data. Then you could slice it essentially by a formula of TODAY() minus a certain number of hours.

If you are heck-bent on getting a snapshot, you could use Power BI CRM Online Connector to connect to your data and then just use some "M" or R code to shove the data out to an Azure SQL database or other database.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Real Time dashboard tile + history

I believe what you should look at is retrieving the data via the CRM Online Content Pack or via the CRM Online Connector and this will grab all of your data. Then you could slice it essentially by a formula of TODAY() minus a certain number of hours.

If you are heck-bent on getting a snapshot, you could use Power BI CRM Online Connector to connect to your data and then just use some "M" or R code to shove the data out to an Azure SQL database or other database.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)