Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Skyrev
Regular Visitor

Real Time Streaming Dashboard only shows past hour

Hi. Loving the Real-Time streaming features of Power BI, especially how easy it is to set up. With that being said:

My setup:

Real-time publishing to Power BI REST API using JSON string

45 items, including date&time

Data gets pushed to Power BI roughly every 30 seconds

"Historic Data Analysis" is on for my streaming datasets

6 MB of storage space used by the streaming datasets

My goal is to at least display trending charts for the past 24 hours.

My problem:

When I try to view any trending chart, it only shows data from the past hour, unless I were to leave the browser tab open and not navigate away from the dashboard

Any way to get the real-time chart to show historical data longer than the past 1 hour?

6 REPLIES 6
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Skyrev,

For tiles (custom tile in dashboard) that showing charts dashboard, you are able to show maximum last 60 hours, please click edit tile and Scroll down to adjust this option. It's different with report cause report shows all data based on retention policy and historical option.

@tringuyenminh92 Thanks, but that's not really the issue. However long I set the trending chart, the problem is that whenever I navigate to another dashboard or refresh the browser tab, the chart gets truncated down to only the past hour regardless.

Hi @Skyrev,

If that, please take screenshot your duration configure and actual duration showing in charts, then share to us, some staff will check and report it internally if it's bug/issue.

Here is my current configuration, chart tile is set to show the past 5 hours, but whenever I switch dashboards or refresh the tab, only the last hour remains on screen.

PBI1.png

The 1 hour limitation remains when changing the setting to past 10 hours:

PBI2.png

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Skyrev,

Based on test, I can't reproduce your issue. It works well on my side. can you share some detail content?

Screenshots:

Capture.PNG

>>Any way to get the real-time chart to show historical data longer than the past 1 hour?

The historical data can store more than one hour records until the history file is larger than limit size, then it will remove the first records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thanks for helping me look into this.

So I let my system run for a few hours. Initially it does work well, trending graphs and all:

Shot1.png

But when I switch over to another dashboard, then come back to this one, I find that the graph has been truncated down to show only the last hour:

Shot2.png

This also happens when I refresh the browser tab, or close and reopen the browser to the dashboard page.

I don't think I have reached the history file size limit, as I only push the JSON string every minute or so. But could that be the case? Any way to have a look at the history file size capacity?

Additional note: I have 45 data items, spread across 8 dashboards, including one above

Oh, and Happy Chinese New Year 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors