Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading response header "Location" in Service

Hello, community.

I need to access a data source using a very stubborn API. The procedure to get the actual dataset is as follows:

1. POST credentials as a JSON body to /public/login/ to receive session cookie
  2. POST to /datasets/XXX/export/csv/ to receive 202 Accepted with a download URL in the Location response header
  3. GET to the download URL

I can get it working using Python or R, but those are not supported for refreshing in Service.

The only step I need which I cannot replicate in M is reading the response header "Location".

How do I solve this? I am completely stumped.

If there is no feasible way to read response headers in M?

If there is not, is there any online service that can function as a proxy and send me the full HTTP as JSON, txt or just any format, so I can parse out the Location?

Frustrated regards,

Pætur Marnason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on this thread, it appears that you can only get the response headers within the context of a custom data connector. 

Due to that, you have to use a gateway to support refresh through the service (as described here). 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on this thread, it appears that you can only get the response headers within the context of a custom data connector. 

Due to that, you have to use a gateway to support refresh through the service (as described here). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a shame. Thank you for your time.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry I can't reproduce your issue, please kindly raise it to support team for better advice:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to log in to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ and it just will not let me. I am logged in on Sharepoint, PBI Service as well as this site, but the support site tells me I am not logged in. If I click "Sign In" I am redirected to PBI Service. If I instead click "Sign Up Free", after typing my email it tells me I already have PBI Pro and redirects me to PBI Service.

Is there any other way to contact support? If not, can you tell them to contact me? I don't know what to do now that the official support ticket system won't let me post a ticket, even though I am a Pro user.

P.S. When you say you are unable to reproduce my issue, does that mean your Web.Content requests return other headers than just "Content-Type"?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors