Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Madhurigaikwad
Regular Visitor

Reading or storing parameter at URL level.

Hello All,

I need a help.

Is there any way in which i can store values passed in url in a parameter and use it later.

Why do i need this?

Problem Statement:

My user wants to have a dashboard which will contain

Level 1: Some image tiles (for example Project 1,Project 2,etc...), after clickling on any one image it should get redirect itself

to Level 2  which contains 

Level 2: categories (Now this categories are same for all the projects e.g Expernse, Quality, etc ) after clicking on any category button it should get redirect to Level 3

Level 3: Actual Reort with Slicer value (Slicer will contain Project 1 or Project 2 as its value, depending what user was selected)

How I achieved this is:

I created Dashboard with Project 1, Project 2, etc as image tiles. On clik of any one of them i set a custom external link of another dashboard which is categories dashboard and here on clickling any category i passed url to actual report.

The challenge which i am facing at Level 2 is how will i be able to know whether user has selected Project 1 or Project 2 or Project 3, as the categories will be same for all the projects and i want to keep only one categories dashboard.

So there any way that i can store values in a parameter and pass it furthur to any level.

Kindly help me in this,

Please suggest me any other better approach for doing this.

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Madhurigaikwad 

Does my reply slove your problem?

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Madhurigaikwad 

Per your requirement, i would suggest you to consider using "drillthrough" and bookmark features.

Refernce documents:

Use drillthrough

Use bookmarks

They are both able in Power BI Desktop and Service.

When you create a report using Power BI Desktop, then you could publish it to Power BI Service.

However, i need to know your data structure so i can give a clear and sufficent solution.

I make a simple example with my supposed data.

Page1->Level1, Page2->Level2, Page3->Level3, 

Add "project" in the "drill through" filter field on the Page2, Add  "project" and "categories" in the "drill through" filter field on the Page3.

Page1

3.png

Page2

4.png

Page3

5.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors