Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading only content when trying to pin to a dashboard

Hello,

I have N Pro Power BI users on my organization and each one of then want to create their on and individual dashboard based on an existing report. Using Power Apps Workspace, if I give users permissions to edit de workspace thy can pin the visual to a shared dasboard but they need an individual dashboard. And if I use Content Packs the users need to copy the content pack, go to the copied report and pin the visual to individual dashboard, futhermore, I had to teach the N users how to do so. And will be a lot of duplicated reports and dataset just for pinning a visual to a dashboard.

So my question is how can I give users access to pin visual to dashboards in a simple way? It can be a content pack or an app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand correctly, the users want to pin visuals from an App workspace to the dashboard in "My Workspace". I'm afraid this isn't supported for now. I would suggest you vote up this idea or create a new one. You already had the workaround.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand correctly, the users want to pin visuals from an App workspace to the dashboard in "My Workspace". I'm afraid this isn't supported for now. I would suggest you vote up this idea or create a new one. You already had the workaround.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors