Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mmills2018
Helper IV
Helper IV

Read Only Access to Users

I have a pro-license and want to allow others to only view the dashboards I create.  is this possible if they don't have a pro license?

8 REPLIES 8
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @mmills2018 

Just to update on what @ScottShearer  replied with. The only other option is to have Power BI Premium, which will then allow you to share your read-only reports with Power BI Free licenses.

Here are more details: Feature availability for users with free licenses - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

ScottShearer
Resolver I
Resolver I

@mmills2018 

Those who want to view what you share will need at least a Pro license.

Scott

what if i create an app and others subscribe to the app?  shouldnt this be included in my company's O365 license, any where i can find reading resources on dashboarding sharing?

Hi,

Any update on this question? I have similar requirement. We have PBI PPU and the Executive users wants a very user frinedly access on the dashboard without having to login and have it accesible offline when in areas with poor or no internet connection. 

You would then have to look subscriptions that get sent to their email. or look at some products that can send out email subscriptions.

Power BI Blog

If I get you correct, you mean dump power bi and look for another BI tools. 

Tablaue has better feature on mobile except that I'm working in an Education organization where they have big Microsoft discounts on licenses.

Sorry, what I meant is still have the Power BI reports, but look for a 3rd party tool to send out the report subscriptions for you!

Power BI Blog

For our mobile requirement that won't do. Power BI's link/url would require a browser and it won't run offline. I got suggestion that we need re-write our dashboard and remove elements that power bi mobile do not support in order to have an offline dashboard for mobile. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors