Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re-publishing Date Slicer as relative

I found a little thing today that flummoxed me for a few hours. 

I was republishing a pbix file where I had chnaged the date slicer to be a relative date slicer. No matter how many times I republished the report online would not update the date slicer which was still showing as a 'between' rather than 'relative'. 

Publishing to a test workspace worked fine no problem but the existing report would not update. Then I noticed that the 'reset to default' button was highlighted. I reset to defaut and it re-assigned the date slicer from between to relative.

I just thought I would post in case anyone else flails around for an hour wondering why the heck the format doesn't update!

Reset to DefaultReset to Default

desktop version vs power bi service versiondesktop version vs power bi service version 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gooranga1 You are awesome, thanks! Stumbled upon this problem today 😛

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

That is a good tip to know, that would be due to the Slicer states being saved as part of the "Reset to Default" so in order for it to forget the users setting it would then need to be reset.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors