cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesus_heredero1
Frequent Visitor

Re: Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Web.Contents for web API

Hello,

I have tried your solution 

contents = Web.Contents(#"URL_jenkins_1", [RelativePath="/bat/view/Deploy-XLD/job/Deploy-XLD-OSB12-EPI/api/json", Query = [pretty="true"]]),
//RawData = Web.Contents("https://yourcompany.atlassian.net", [RelativePath="rest/api/3/search", Query=[jql=JQL,startAt=Text.From(StartAt) ], Headers=[Accept="application/json"]]),

json = Json.Document(contents),

#"URL_jenkins_1 => url server Jenkins

But It,s the same,  work perfectly in Power Bi Desktop but when I publish it in the service PowerBi doesn´t work. 

Curiosly in the same report,  I connet with Jira with webcontens and in this case It is working. In teory is the same or similar  call

contents = Web.Contents(#"URL"&"/rest/agile/1.0/board/1779/issue?fields=components,parent,resolution,assignee,customfield_11023,created,status,fixVersions,timetracking,customfield_11100,resolutiondate,issuetype,labels,customfield_10758,summary,worklog&jql=project in (EEDS, PS2PD) and updated >= -120d",[Query = [maxResults= Text.From(pageSize), startAt = Text.From(skipRows)]]),
json = Json.Document(contents),

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jesus_heredero1 

Check out the “Faking Out” Web.Contents discussion regarding to using Relative path and Query options.

http://blog.datainspirations.com/2018/02/17/dynamic-web-contents-and-power-bi-refresh-errors/

You could also create a support ticket here.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jesus_heredero1 

Check out the “Faking Out” Web.Contents discussion regarding to using Relative path and Query options.

http://blog.datainspirations.com/2018/02/17/dynamic-web-contents-and-power-bi-refresh-errors/

You could also create a support ticket here.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you ,   It works

I add a complete URL with the path complete and then work

URL_jenkins_2 = URL_jenkins_1 & "/bat/view/Deploy-XLD/job/Deploy-XLD-OSB12-EPI/api/json?pretty=true",

contents = Web.Contents(URL_jenkins_2, [ Headers=[Accept="application/json;odata=nometadata"] , Query = [pretty="true"]]),

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors