Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Random line in matrix visual

For the past couple of weeks I have random lines appearing in the matrix visual. There is no rhyme or reason that I can discern. In one, the first line appears after 3 rows, then again 4 rows later, with a final line after a single row. I have double checked and the 'Grid' is not set to on. If I set it to on the lines it adds are not as bold. I have selected revert to default and every other option I can think of and yet they persist in randomly appearing.

Does anyone know why this is occuring? I cannot share a picture as the data is confidential but I will try to recreate the issue with a seperate dataset and share an image if I can.

lines.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Kcantor,

According to your description, there are randon line in your martix visual, right?

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. Please share the detail steps that created the martix and share us some sample data, so taht we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Besides, please install the latest version of Power BI Desktop and check if this issue is persists or not.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/desktop/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

I have no sample data to share as it is all proprietary. I can say, however, that the data source does not matter on my end. The images that I shared were pulled from my Google Analytics Content Pack from the Top Page Performers Tab. That would be content that I did not design. The same lines appear on every matrix displayed on my reports, however regardless of where or when they were created.

I use the latest version and have updated to be sure. I also use Mozilla.

I have checked with my coworkers and have determined that it does not appear on their screens so it is a display issue with Mozilla. And just to clarify, my Mozilla is up to date.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@kcantor I cannot reproduce your issue. Perhaps you should try in powerbi.com edit your report, remove matrix visual and re-create it. See if that takes you problem away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors