Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

S_loke
Advocate I
Advocate I

RLS working on Workspace but not App

Hi,

Currently the RLS is functioning in the workspace but when published to App, the RLS is no longer enforced.

Following the different threads and documentation i have checked the following

• workspace is set so members can only view content (although it shouldn't be related as behaviour is isolated to app)
  • RLS is applied correctly (i.e. DAX accepted) in Desktop
  • RLS is applied correctly in workspace in service
  • users are assigned to the RLS rule

workspace members have read onlyworkspace members have read only

RLS applied successfully on serviceRLS applied successfully on service

With no RLS appliedWith no RLS applied

RLS applied as view on serviceRLS applied as view on service

RLS successful on user from serviceRLS successful on user from service

Yet after the report is published to App the RLS is bypassed and the users are able to see all content.  Is there a setting that is preventing RLS from functioning?

Shaun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @S_loke,

As I said, I think it might be a compatibility issue between old version and new version workspace.

Since I can't reproduce this issue on my side, can you please open a ticket to confirm if internal reasons cause the issue.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @S_loke,

I can't reproduce your issue, RLS works well on my side. Have you test with app published from new workspace?(preview feature)

Create the new workspaces (preview) in Power BI

If this is a case, I think this issue may related to compatibility with current workspace and preview workspace

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks - creating a new workspace with (preview) works as expected with RLS being applied onto the APP.

Does this mean i would have to republish all workspace showing this symptom or is this a bug that will be fixed?

Hi @S_loke,

As I said, I think it might be a compatibility issue between old version and new version workspace.

Since I can't reproduce this issue on my side, can you please open a ticket to confirm if internal reasons cause the issue.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors