Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bbrown44
Advocate II
Advocate II

RLS test view no longer there???

Just last week I would be able to go into PBI Service

Workspace --> Datasets --> on a dataset click (...) --> Security --> Test as Role

I use to get the blue bar where I could enter an email and test to see how the security was configured.  I am no longer seeing that option.

Was there updates that have made that functionality move???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello Folks,

As i know that last week the issue is occurred in Power BI Service to the other customers too.

It is already escalated to the development team for their assistance.

They are working on it posted the comments in Power BI Support Page. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Power BI customers testing RLS feature may not be able to see the banner indicating "Now viewing as:" while selecting a role to test. RLS is still applied as expected. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 03/02/2020.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR venal.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved? I tried testing today but the 'Test as user' does not appear!

Thanks

HL17

Hi @Anonymous ,

but nothing changed ... its still not there.

Best Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello Folks,

As i know that last week the issue is occurred in Power BI Service to the other customers too.

It is already escalated to the development team for their assistance.

They are working on it posted the comments in Power BI Support Page. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Power BI customers testing RLS feature may not be able to see the banner indicating "Now viewing as:" while selecting a role to test. RLS is still applied as expected. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 03/02/2020.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR venal.

Having the same issue, thanks for posting about the awareness, will await resolution on the 3rd March

Thanks

Noel

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Bbrown44 

I made the test yesterday and had the same issue, but it is fixed today, works for me now.

3.JPG

If you cannot get it sorted, I would suggest you go for a support ticket.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/?cdn=disable

Paul Zheng

Hello Paul,

Is this an intermittent issue? It has not been working for me yesterday (when you saw it working) or today. Really need this feature working to ensure our published apps are behaving correctly for our report consumers.

We appreciate any updates on this RLS impersonation issue.

Thanks,

Marcos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Bbrown44, I have the same issue and wanted to create a post.

I wanted to test RLS on one of my report. I tried both on new look and old look powerBI service and the option isn't available at both place.

😕

No documentation updates or notification of functionality no longer available to a pretty critical use-case functionality is disconcerting!

KBO
MVP

HI @Bbrown44 ,

I think the blue bar is gone but the button you discribe is still there:

TestRole.jpg

Best,

Kathrin

I did that part.

Once you click on the test role.  you would go to the dashboard and a blue bar on top would allow you to enter an email address.  That is the view I no longer see... do you see that on your report???

Hi @Bbrown44 ,

i don't see the bar anymore either, but the question came up more often on weekends. Therefore I assume that it is not available at the moment.

Best,

Kathrin

Well, I put in a support ticket as that would be an issue!

I would not want to publish data that I could not test via the RLS functionality... Therefore, we are not able to distribute apps until this is resolved.

This is the first time this has happened to me, unclear as to why this would even happen in the first place.

Thanks for your help though.

~Bryon

Hi @Bbrown44 ,

hope the will fix this quickliy. Also you have the option to test it in the desktop if this helps as workaround.

Best,

Kathrin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors