Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS since November update

Hi 

Since installing the update I've had issues with some filters for RLS. 

Everything works for Regions and offices but when staff filters are applied it gives me a Couldn't Load Visuals For This Data. 

I reinstalled an old version of PB Desktop and it seems to work when I test it as a Role, HOWEVER when I upload it onto PowerBI.com the same errors persist. 

Due to the ambiguity caused by my Staff table (staffed based in an office can carry out work for various offices) I had to create an extra bridge table with a BOTH filter direction, in order for staff to only have a selection of staff within the office that the RLS is applied to. Without this bridge table, staff will need to scroll through a list of staff throughout the whole organisation.   

Hope that makes sense. 

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
MarkCBB
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Anonymous

I had this problem with a previous update. I am not sure if you have tried this.

Update the new version, and then publish again. 

If the above does not work then a sure way to fix it is to remove from the service and the re publish using the Nov update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MarkCBB and @Khristian

Only problem is that when I updated to the new version when I test as a role in PBDesktop Nov - the same issues apply?? 

The only assumption I can make it that it has something to do with the user licience type or the data.

I have just tested one of mine that has RLS and it works fine.

If could be that one of your rules are overriding the staff rule. Maybe try test this by removing all other rules and leave only the staff one. 

Would you be able to share your PBI file? if not, are you able to replicate the problem on a smaller smaple of data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarkCBB 

I only have only rule set against my OFFICE table which never seemed to be a problem. 

I'll try replicate the pbix file with a small data sample and send it through. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Khristian
Advocate II
Advocate II

Im driving, but plis check my post "strange tsble behavior" or somehing like thise... Is about memory capacity, you most pick a tickets gor Microsoft into the administrador panel, they gonna run a specific query and you gonna ser that a problem is a memory límite into power bi service...

Regarfs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors