Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DJ1977
Helper I
Helper I

RLS - share sheet with someone outside the hierarchy

Hi
I need some advice regarding RLS that I can not find any easy solution to.
I have a dataset that I have established dynamic RLS with hierarchy structure on, ref this procedure https://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-organizational-hierarchy-power-bi 
RLS works well for those in the hierarchy. However, I have some users of the report who are not part of the hierarchy, and with whom I should share parts of the report. I was thinking of creating some visualizations without personal data and putting these in some hidden sheets in the desktop file, and which I unhide in a save as version of the file in PBI Service. The problem is that these users do not access these sheets as long as they are outside the hierarchy and the defined RLS. Is there any solution to this?

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DJ1977 ,

You can try to create an auxiliary table to establish a relationship with your table. Just like the example in this article, create a Sales Rep table with Username and keys to connect to other tables.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors