Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DataDiva
Helper II
Helper II

RLS set up but users get a need permissions error

I've got a report with simple RLS. I created roles in Desktop and tested - works great. I've published it to Service and assigned users to the roles. It also works fine when I do the "test as" in the Service. But when the users try to access the report, they get an error: "You cannot see the content of this report because you do not have permissions to the underlying dataset. Please contact the dataset owner to request access."

I've also confirmed that the users are added to the app in permissions. Why is this not working?

3 REPLIES 3
DataDiva
Helper II
Helper II

RLS should work for viewers, not just those permissioned to build content. The database is in the same workspace. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

is the dataset in another workspace?.   Does user has permission for the dataset ?.

Thanks,

Shanthakumar.

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Please make sure you have checked the Allow recipients to build conetent with the data associated with this report in your APP

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors