Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dfox09
Helper III
Helper III

RLS (pbix vs. Workspace)

Regarding setting up RLS in a pbix vs. setting up in a workspace, If I set up the RLS in the PBIX as shown below;

dfox09_0-1640703291132.png

I'm trying to set this up such that I don't have to manually add or maintain emails in the workspace. We use AD security but don't have AD groups set up for this. How do we handle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @dfox09 !

It seems you are trying to mix 2 separate things. You define RLS in Power BI Desktop in order to implement Row Level security. Then you publish this report in Power BI Service. In Power BI Service, you configure RLS & provide information who can access this dataset which is different from the RLS implementation you have done earlier.

You can use Azure AD Security Group in Power BI Service.

Regards,

Hasham

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @dfox09 !

It seems you are trying to mix 2 separate things. You define RLS in Power BI Desktop in order to implement Row Level security. Then you publish this report in Power BI Service. In Power BI Service, you configure RLS & provide information who can access this dataset which is different from the RLS implementation you have done earlier.

You can use Azure AD Security Group in Power BI Service.

Regards,

Hasham

Thank you, I need to research how to use AD Security groups for RLS in Power Bi. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors