Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ad8833
Advocate II
Advocate II

RLS -not able to add/delete anyone in th security buckets/roles

Hi, Snce yesterday I ma unable to add/adelete anyone to the RLS security bucket in my organizational workspace. 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Facing the same problem again and again tried all ways available

arunmadanan
Frequent Visitor

The same issue is happening for me also. When I try type in new user email or name to the security role, nothing happens. The Add button seems disabled. Noticed this issue recently. This was working for me earlier. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirm, everyone in my org experiencing the same issue. Simply cannot add anyone to a security group. However, if I go to "edit workspace" and save it w/o changes I then can add people. But once I go to a different dataset it happens again.

ad8833
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi all,

I came across a workaround for this.I hope this helps!

1) Go to the dataset segement in your workspace and click on the dataset name first and then click on the three horizontal dots and go to security.

I used to directly click on the three dots but it's not working now.I guess for now we just need to perform an extra step of clicking to the datatset and then 3 dots.

This might be helpful as a wrokaround.

Thanks!  I would not have thought to use that particular sequence.  Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.

pbikaelin
Frequent Visitor
pbikaelin
Frequent Visitor

If you are really desperate, this appears to work.

Once you've navigated to the RLS view, append the URL in the browser with 

?unmin=1

This will force rendering of the full JS instead of the minified version.

Using your browser Dev Tools (F12 to open for Chrome/Edge), navigate to the Sources (Chrome) or Debugger (Edge) tab.

Following the script hierarchy, open:

app.powerbi.com / 13.x.x.x / externals / ngTagsInput.js

Find line 259 and set a breakpoint - the line should read:

if ($scope.tags.length >= $scope.options.maxTags)

Go back to your browser and refresh the page which should trigger your breakpoint.

Use the JS Console to run this command:

$scope.tags = []

You can now resume the script execution by pressing the resume (play) button.

You should now be able to manage RLS. You will need to repeat these steps again as you navigate to additional datasets.

Have fun!

bistealth

After months of it working fine, I'm also suddenly experiencing this issue. I'm unable to add any new users to RLS. When typing the name or email addresss, no auto-complete appears. When the full email address is entered, the "save" button is greyed out.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ad8833 ,

Have made a text but could not reproduce your issue. What does the error messages say? In addtion, you may refer to doc below about know issues:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls#limitations

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't get any error.It's just that when I try to add to someone it doesn't show the drop down on top of that the ADD/SAVE buttons are disabled because of which I am unable to add a new person to the list.I have been facing this issue from last 2-3 days.

If you are really desperate, this appears to work.

Once you've navigated to the RLS view, append the URL in the browser with 

?unmin=1

This will force rendering of the full JS instead of the minified version.

Using your browser Dev Tools (F12 to open for Chrome/Edge), navigate to the Sources (Chrome) or Debugger (Edge) tab.

Following the script hierarchy, open:

app.powerbi.com / 13.x.x.x / externals / ngTagsInput.js

Find line 259 and set a breakpoint - the line should read:

if ($scope.tags.length >= $scope.options.maxTags)

Go back to your browser and refresh the page which should trigger your breakpoint.

Use the JS Console to run this command:

$scope.tags = []

You can now resume the script execution by pressing the resume (play) button.

You should now be able to manage RLS. You will need to repeat these steps again as you navigate to additional datasets.

Have fun!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors