Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

clairegong2446

RLS multiple roles interaction

Hi,

I have 2 dimensions: Product and Country. I am trying to create roles such as "Person A can only see Product 1 in UK". I am aware that you can achive this by creating a role filtering for Product 1 AND UK. My problem is that I have a lot of products and a lot of countries, it would be very long trying to create every combination.

I know that if you assign 1 user to 2 roles, this user can see both roles' data (so it works as if you union 2 roles). I am wondering if there is a way to show "intersection" instead?

Any help is much appreciated! Even if it is just confirming it can't be done!

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @clairegong2446 

A person  who has both the role  of "Product 1"  and the role of "UK" will see all the data of product 1 and all  the data of UK.

If you want to make this person only view  the  data of  Product 1  in UK, I'm afraid you have no choice but to  create a new role filtering for Product 1 AND UK.

You also can  refer to this video to search for more  possible solutions.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/MBAS-Gallery/Microsoft-Power-BI-Unleash-row-level-security-patterns...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors