Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

syasmin25
Helper V
Helper V

RLS issue

Hello, 

I had a question, I have a users as level 1 in the RLS file. However, for email groups, the user is in both a level 1 email group as well as level 2 email group. When I only have the level 1 email group added in security and share it with level 1 email group, he can only see data for the building he is working for. However, whenever, I give access to the level 2 email group, that user starts getting access to everything. Is there a way around this? How would I resolve it?

2 REPLIES 2
syasmin25
Helper V
Helper V

Hello, 

I had a question, I have a users as level 1 in the RLS file. However, for email groups, the user is in both a level 1 email group as well as level 2 email group. When I only have the level 1 email group added in security and share it with level 1 email group, he can only see data for the building he is working for. However, whenever, I give access to the level 2 email group, that user starts getting access to everything. Is there a way around this? How would I resolve it?

Hi @syasmin25,

I've merged your question posted at two parts of the forum. Please refrain from posting in multiple channels in the future. Thanks! 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors