Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Manar_Afana
Frequent Visitor

RLS in Service

Hi,

I applied RLS to my reports (in desktop) then published them to a workspace, I added my team (AD group) and some individual emails to the role, I also added them to the workspace as memebers (they can only view data no edit). But none of my team members are able to see the data of the report unless I add them as members that can edit (which in this case basically the RLS is not applied).

Can you please help me understand what I am doing wrong. 

RLS.PNG

Thanks,

Manar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they have access to the data set, then they will everything. You have to remove them from the workspace and just share a report without a data set. Then it will work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they have access to the data set, then they will everything. You have to remove them from the workspace and just share a report without a data set. Then it will work.

@Anonymous  Thanks, I think I discovered the issue, my developer used the wrong filter when creating each role. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors