Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nigelreilly
Helper I
Helper I

RLS in Paginated Reports - User cannot view

Hi,

I have a dataset in Power BI which has RLS rules within in it. The RLS works fine for users.

I have now created a connection to that Power BI dataset within Paginated reports. When I publish my Paginated Report to the Power BI app (the same app with the desktop rls report) the user under the RLS can not open it. I am able to run the report as I am a member of the workspace therefore RLS is ignored. The user is a member of the published App.

This is the error they see: Can anyone help?error.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
chrisfin
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Make sure you provide Build permission to the users for the underlying dataset - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports-embedded-data-source

View solution in original post

chrisfin
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

FYI, we're shipping this week the changes to permissions to align paginated reports with Power BI reports for all scenarios.  Customers should no longer require "Build" permission when the items are in the same workspace or deployed in an app, and can use the new viewer role same as PBI reports can.  This will show up in tenants later this week or over the weekend.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors