cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RashmitaR Member

RLS error even though no roles have been created

Hi, I have a tabular model in azure analysis services . Even though I have not defined any roles in the model when I am trying to share it with a colleague , he is unable to see the data and its displays you do not have the permission to view this report as the owner has applied row level security.Could some one please help me understand the reason for this. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-huizhn-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: RLS error even though no roles have been created

Hi @RashmitaR,

It's weird. How did your share your dashboard to your colleague? Follow the steps here? If it is, please click share and check your colleague acess permission like the screenshot below.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

4 REPLIES 4
dilumd Established Member
Established Member

I think you have to go to privacy under general settings Power BI service and give access to that user.

Super Contributor

Hi @RashmitaR,

You have no row level security in your SSAS database? You update the data from SSAS databased to Power BI desktop, then create report in desktop amd publish it to service, you also have not create any Row-level security (RLS)? Please confirm it. And click the dataset in Power BI service, if there is permission settings. Please share more details for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

RashmitaR Member

Hi v-huizhn-msft , I have a live connect to the data SSAS database to Power BI desktop, then I have created reports in desktop and publish it to service,I have not create any Row-level security (RLS) either in the tabular model or power BI desktop. Once I click the dataset in Power BI service, I cannot see any permission settings.
Super Contributor

Hi @RashmitaR,

It's weird. How did your share your dashboard to your colleague? Follow the steps here? If it is, please click share and check your colleague acess permission like the screenshot below.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 111 members 1,629 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: