Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

RLS don't work in Web platform

I Currently have a sales file for a company, in this file there are several RLS access rules, the problem I am encountering is that in Desktop my rules work perfectly because whe n I select to view the report as one of the rules , It returns me the right values. (Image 1 and 2) 

Screen Shot 12-08-16 at 11.16 AM 001.PNGScreen Shot 12-08-16 at 11.16 AM.PNG

However, when publishing the file to the cloud, selecting the option to view it as one of the rules (Image 3) returns no records, so the file is updated and there are sales for this rule.
Screen Shot 12-08-16 at 11.18 AM.PNG
I already tried sending the file two ways and it did not work.
1) Access the desktop and send through it

2) Access the Power BI Web and select the local file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

I changed the way i filter, not using the 'IN' filter. In using another field and using a '=' command. It's working... Many thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

I changed the way i filter, not using the 'IN' filter. In using another field and using a '=' command. It's working... Many thanks!
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@brunozanoelo

How did you define the roles in Desktop? What’s your table filter DAX expression?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-rls/

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors