Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS - USERPRINCIPALNAME()

Hi All,

I am trying to setup RLS with USERPRINCIPALNAME() to check users email address and a column attribute (two numbers concated together) against the Entity_Cell (same two numbers concated) column in the leaf or data table. I've added the users to the restricted group in the PBI service and the DAX statement is accepted but when I have the users log into the reports it doesn't work. One user sees all the accounts and the other sees nothing, so what have I missed.

GrpCon_Security Table (Users Ad Account, Attribute)

[User AD Account] [Attribute]

test@xyz.com, AD9701.WF1304000

test2@xyz.com, AD9701.WF1304001

GHO_GrpCon_Leaf_Cam (is my data table)

[Entity_Cell]

AD9701.WF1304000

AD9701.WF1304001

Created a restricted roles group

image.png

DAX statement on leaf_cam table.

[Entity_Cell] IN
SELECTCOLUMNS(
FILTER('GrpCon_Security', [User AD Account] =
USERPRINCIPALNAME()
),"Entity_Cell",[Attribute])

I use this same approach in a different report but it only has one number not two concated, so I am wondering if this is the issue?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please keep an eye on the status of this issue in Support site: 

RLS_FEATURE.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, though I am not testing it via 'now viewing as', I have the users log into the report via the power bi service(website). So this should still work?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, is it right to test in desktop? If so, check that desktop is the latest version and republish the report.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue.

If the problem persists,i would suggest you to create a support ticket to help with you.

Support_Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors