Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

RLS Test as role not working in service for Premium workspace

Hello,

We are facing a weird issue wherein Test as Role functionality available in Power BI service is not working when the Workspace is tagged to Premium capacity. Refer below screenshots for detail:

1. Power BI files were published prior to tagging the workspace as premium.

2. There is only one Role defined which  used following DAX expression:

PATHCONTAINS('Rep Hierarchy'[Path],
MaxX(
Filter(
'Rep Hierarchy',
[Email Address]=USERPRINCIPALNAME()
)
,'Rep Hierarchy'[Rep ID]
)
)

3. When we Test as Role for a Person we see the desired data in Power BI Service.

4. Now we tag the Workspace in Premium capacity

Capture.PNG

5. Now we repeat the process and to test a person, we again go to Test as Role and now we see that nothing appears in the report.

Please help in resolvinig this bug.

Prateek Raina

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@prateekraina @Anonymous ,

This issue has been reported internally: CRI 105830142. I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prateekraina

As you requested in this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Provide-update-on-RLS-Test-as-role-not-working-in-service-f..., I will close this thread. 

Thank you for your update. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prateekraina

As you requested in this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Provide-update-on-RLS-Test-as-role-not-working-in-service-f..., I will close this thread. 

Thank you for your update. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@v-yuezhe-msft 

Can you please provide an update on this?

prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Hey Weston,

Microsoft Team has not responded back yet. I tested this scenario again today and found that it has been resolved. Could you check at your end and let me know.

@v-yuezhe-msft  Can you please confirm that a fix has been deployed for this? Would appreciate your response.

Prateek Raina

prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@v-yuezhe-msft  Could we kindly get an ETA on the fix to be deployed for this? We need to push our Production workspace to Premium. This bug is causing delay in that.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@prateekraina @Anonymous ,

This issue has been reported internally: CRI 105830142. I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

May I ask if this issue is resolved? We just purchased premium capacity. RLS is working fine in PRO-licensed workspace. However, the exactly same RLS setting doesn't seem working in workspace assigned with premium capacity. I also published the report through app in this capacity workspace. RLS doesn't seem working either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issue. My organization has had premium capacity for nearly a year and this only became an issue in the past few days. No changes were made on our end. Issue appears to be related to the username() and userprinciplename() functions because dax expressions which do not use those functions appear to be working properly when testing as another user.

Weston

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors