Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Haim_is
Frequent Visitor

RLS Problem

Hi

I use RLS and use one of the fields in the database called department.
When I do a simulation everything seems fine. I do the same simulation also in service after I connected the department and the user and everything seems fine.
The problem is when the user logs in he sees all of the Department's and not just his.
Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Tnx Haim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Haim_is ,

Please check whether that user who can see all department info have the edit permission of the related workspace? The workspace is which the report located in. RLS roles will not be applied to the users who have the edit permission of the workspace... You can find the details in this official documentation.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Haim_is ,

Please check whether that user who can see all department info have the edit permission of the related workspace? The workspace is which the report located in. RLS roles will not be applied to the users who have the edit permission of the workspace... You can find the details in this official documentation.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  Rena

You are right  some of the users had  edit permission.

Acknowledge and appreciate your help.

Best Regards 

Haim

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Haim_is - Sounds like the user is either not added to the right RLS role or something along those lines.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors