Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SEMattis
Advocate II
Advocate II

RLS Paginated Reports using Power BI Service Data Set as Source

Hi,

I have built a paginated report using a Data Set available on Power BI service in a Premium Workspace. The Data Set is using Row level security to limit what the users can and cannot see in the reports which is working according to plan. However, when we did some testing on the Paginated Reports the RLS was not honred neither when accessing the report nor when sending the paginated report as a subscription to users that should only see a specific amount of data. 

I have read through the documentation regarding parameters and filters on the Microsoft web page. But the way I understand it is that I should not be required to implement these steps if I am using a data source from the Power BI service that has RLS implemented (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-dataset-data-source-support-for-paginated-reports-...)?

Please support on this issue!

Regards,

Matt

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SEMattis,

As the following document mentions, paginated report RLS feature not similar to common power bi reports. It still required you to pass the username parameter to achieve RLS filter that enabled on reports side: 

Implementing row-level security in embedded paginated reports (preview) 
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors