Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tficar
Frequent Visitor

RLS Not Working for a Single Group

I have a report set up with RLS that was working perfectly fine until today. The report restricts access based on the brand that the user is associated with. Again, this was working perfectly and as expected. I did update the data today, but it was only a minor appending of a few days worth of data. Nothing that should affect this, but that's obviously still a possibility.

The annoying part with all of this is that the error is only for a single group (yellow highlight in snippet below). In addition to this, the report in Desktop works as expected. It is only in the Online Service that the issue occurs. Any ideas? I have already checked the underlying data to make sure that the Group restriction did not change when I updated the data. Everything looks correct (which explains why Desktop is working).

Been stuck at this for multiple days now so any help is greatly appreciated!

pbi_.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tficar
Frequent Visitor

I figured out a workaround:

1. Delete the report
  2. Re-publish the report
  3. Re-assign users to groups

Not ideal but it works!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tficar
Frequent Visitor

I figured out a workaround:

1. Delete the report
  2. Re-publish the report
  3. Re-assign users to groups

Not ideal but it works!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @tficar 

Can you check to see if this group of users was added to the App Workspace roles, which would allow the users to see all the data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks for replying @GilbertQ . I should have clarified more but the issue is that the user has no access to any brands, so their charts are blank. See below for a screenshot of what it looks like. You'll notice that Vitaburst is "selected" but it's just the previous value that was chosen before changing to the current user. 

tficar_0-1652840787990.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors