Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS Not Filtering When Sharing Report

Hello,

I need help to make RLS work properly. For one specific user it's not filtering as should with the function configured.

This is the function tha is configured:

image.png

When i chose to see as the function, It works fine.

image.png

Im configuring the user as it follows.

Datasets > Report Name > Security > Insert the e-mail into the function and saves:

image.png

But when I share with the user It's not filtering anything.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

From your screenshot, I see that the RLS id working fine and you have also confirmed that from your Security SImulation.

But if you say that It is not working with the user, then it is more likely that the user has edit permission to the workspace in which the report is or that he could be an Admin of the workspace.

The 2 important limitations for RLS is

1. The Person should not be an Admin for the workspace where the report is published.

2. Even if the User is a member, they should not be having Edit permission to the workspace.

Check these out. This should solve the problem if RLS working fine when you simulate.

Regards,

Thejeswar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition.

When I see simulating the RLS it works fine.

image.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

From your screenshot, I see that the RLS id working fine and you have also confirmed that from your Security SImulation.

But if you say that It is not working with the user, then it is more likely that the user has edit permission to the workspace in which the report is or that he could be an Admin of the workspace.

The 2 important limitations for RLS is

1. The Person should not be an Admin for the workspace where the report is published.

2. Even if the User is a member, they should not be having Edit permission to the workspace.

Check these out. This should solve the problem if RLS working fine when you simulate.

Regards,

Thejeswar

Hi @Anonymous 

I cannot reproduce the same issue.Please have a look at below article and check the limitations.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls#using-rls-with-groups-in-power-bi

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors