Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tespinal
Frequent Visitor

RLS Analyze in Excel

Good afternoon,

I've read through the forums about using RLS and how it should the role should apply when you analyze in Excel. However, I've tried mulitiple times through a test role (as suggested in one forum), and my test role still gets all of the data. Please advise. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We have resolved the issue. I redownloaded Power BI Publisher for Excel. Then I reshared and redownloaded the report of my dashboard, and the RLS worked. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@tespinal,

I test the scenario as yours, RLS works as expected when using Analyze in Excel. In your scenario, please ensure that you have added the user as role member in Power BI Service, then share dashboard to your user.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have done all of these things. Just now, I removed my test role from all roles in Power BI service, added it back to one role that only has access to 3 pieces of data, shared the dashboard, then logged into the test role account, selected analyze in excel, and it gave me all the data again. 

We have resolved the issue. I redownloaded Power BI Publisher for Excel. Then I reshared and redownloaded the report of my dashboard, and the RLS worked. 

@tespinal

Can I ask how you re-downloaded the Published to Excel? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors