Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Johan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

REST api to google big query crashes

This error occurs 7 out of 10 refresh runs:

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server Table: 

If it stops, it occurs on different tables, so it's not the connection, permission or query.

Anyone an idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: REST api to google big query crashes

we think it was related to having multiple refreshes on the same tables in GBQ at the same time. Since we have organised the refreshes to not run simultaneously it didn't happen anymore

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Johan 

Sorry, I can't reproduce your issue, please kindly raise it to support team for better advice. thanks!

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Johan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

we think it was related to having multiple refreshes on the same tables in GBQ at the same time. Since we have organised the refreshes to not run simultaneously it didn't happen anymore

View solution in original post

Hey Johan,

I'm not sure I understand your explanation. You say you spread out the "refreshes" on your table in BQ. Do you mean the refreshes triggered by the powerBI service? I don't know of a way to control when particular data is being refreshed. For me the whole file just refreshes at once. Can you explain a little how you managed to do this?

My situation is that powerBI is refreshing 8 views on the same table, and I wonder if that is similar to your situation.

Thanks!

Jaap

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 147 members 1,563 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: