Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

REFRESH ERROR

Hello, I am trying to refresh report.

I have all accesses, gateway is working and parameters are correct, but when I am trying refresh it shows error:

"Something went wrong
This refresh issue was fixed in a more recent version of the Gateway. Please install the latest version.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: c373cb1d-8288-4806-9194-84d1c077ab9b
Request ID: 2ad62ef1-3fd2-2f0a-1ba2-94c0cfd5524b
Time: 2019-11-08 06:55:11Z"

I have another reports with similar source and refresh on them works. 

Previously I had problems in another reports refresh when in Edit Queries sorce step was Natve Query command: "Value.NativeQuery(PostgreSQL.Database(Server, Database)...", but in this time I did not found anything.

If anyone had this problem, please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are several points you may considerate:

1.Please try to upgrade the gateway to latest version.

2.Ensure that you've added one or more data sources of your dataset to the gateway, as described in Add a data source.

3.Verify that you have the correct username and password. Also, verify that those credentials can successfully connect to the data source. Make sure the account that's being used matches the authentication method.

4.Your data source credential may expire, so try to update the credential and republish the report. In Power BI, go to refresh settings for the dataset. In Manage Data Sources, select Edit credentials to update the credentials for the data source.

5.If your dataset not only contains cloud data source but also the on premise data source, then it needs to use the gateway and configure schedule refresh, see more: :On-premises data gateway , Configure scheduled refresh .

Note that you also need to select Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster option Under Gateway Cluster Settings. See: Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources.

6.Please make sure the gateway is online.

You may resolve the issue via the troubleshooting link :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios .

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are several points you may considerate:

1.Please try to upgrade the gateway to latest version.

2.Ensure that you've added one or more data sources of your dataset to the gateway, as described in Add a data source.

3.Verify that you have the correct username and password. Also, verify that those credentials can successfully connect to the data source. Make sure the account that's being used matches the authentication method.

4.Your data source credential may expire, so try to update the credential and republish the report. In Power BI, go to refresh settings for the dataset. In Manage Data Sources, select Edit credentials to update the credentials for the data source.

5.If your dataset not only contains cloud data source but also the on premise data source, then it needs to use the gateway and configure schedule refresh, see more: :On-premises data gateway , Configure scheduled refresh .

Note that you also need to select Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster option Under Gateway Cluster Settings. See: Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources.

6.Please make sure the gateway is online.

You may resolve the issue via the troubleshooting link :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios .

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

As per the error can you try to update your gateway to the new version ?

previously I also expired the same after updating the gateway version, I've received the exact/proper error description.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the last version☹️

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you check from the Gateway Logs to get the detailed error 

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway\

Anonymous
Not applicable

All is correct😑

Is it possible that problem is somewhere in the report?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Then I think you need to contact the support team by creating the ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors