Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

R script refresh with personal gateway - credential message

Hi,
I just downloaded and installed personal gateway. Tried to schedule refresh
My data source is R.
The only option Ive got is WindowsWithoutImpersonation - which I clicked on Sign In button and it gave me the following error message.

I can successfully refresh my dataset on desktop. Can you help? Thank you

Failed to update data source credentials: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)'Hide details
Activity ID:9313b16c-78f0-4268-9f74-0905e78ab55a
Request ID:74961647-e14d-433c-c9c5-082010460226
Status code:400
Time:Sun Dec 30 2018 16:15:39 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Version:13.0.7683.237
Cluster URI:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net
25 REPLIES 25
tqbao27
Regular Visitor

I also encountered the same problem. My R script was working fine with the Setptember version of personal gateway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi did you find a workaround @tqbao27

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Can you please provide some detail information about this? (e.g. part of script code, local gateway refresh log..)

In addition, did any formula reference external data source in r script? If this is a case, current power bi service not support this, you can take a look at following link to know more about this:

Creating R visuals in the Power BI service

Spoiler

R scripts security

R visuals are created from R scripts, which could potentially contain code with security or privacy risks.

These risks mainly exist in the authoring phase when the script author run the script on their own computer.

The Power BI service applies a sandbox technology to protect users and the service from security risks.

This sandbox approach imposes some restrictions on the R scripts running in the Power BI service, such as accessing the Internet, or accessing to other resources that are not required to create the R visual.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft in personal gateway I also switched of custom data connector as per some of previous posts who said this helped.

Unfortunately this didnt make any difference in my scenario.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, There is no custom visual in it. I use R script in the transformation. I simply loaded a local csv fle and use R script to rename the output from dataset to output. I apprecited that this isnt meaningful script but I want to proove that I can schedule refresh using personal gateway with R script.

Hope you can help me.

Many thanks @v-shex-msft

output <- dataset

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors