Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ebeery
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

R Visuals in Power BI Service: Version Updates for Supported Packages?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with how frequently version updates are made to the R packages which are currently supported in Power BI Service? 

I developed an R script visual which uses the "scales" library, which is currently supported.  However, the function I'm trying to use is new in version 1.1.1, and the current version supported is only 1.0.0 (according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-r-packages-support ).

The documentation recommends submitting an Idea to request support for new packages, but this is a currently-supported package that just needs a version update.  Am I out of luck?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"out of luck"  sounds a bit harsh, but it has some truthiness to it. Definitely submit the request either as an idea or as an issue. The more people support it the faster it will be implemented.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"out of luck"  sounds a bit harsh, but it has some truthiness to it. Definitely submit the request either as an idea or as an issue. The more people support it the faster it will be implemented.

Is there a general request for updating R packages more frequently? With all of the packages in the community, it seems like it'll be tough get enough support for each individual package. Scales is still v1.0.0 and this post is over 6 months old. 

MS is sort of dropping the ball by not having a regular update cycle for R & packages. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors