cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelamyer
Frequent Visitor

R Script Not Working on Auto Refresh

I have a senerio that I need a daily snapshot view each day for a report I produce in Power BI. Since there's no way to get a snapshot in Power BI at this time, I have written an R Script that filters the data to the snapshot I need and exports it to a folder, saving it with the current date. I then have Power BI look at the folder and combine all the files in the folder to get the report I need. When I publish this to the service and set up my auto refresh with my personal gateway, everything refreshes correctly except that R Script does not export the new file. Therefore I'm not getting the snapshot I need automatically (but again, the refresh doesn't fail). Is there anyway to make this R Script work automatically upon a scheduled refresh? Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
sduffy Helper I
Helper I

Re: R Script Not Working on Auto Refresh

HI @michaelamyer 

Apologies, if I'm misunderstanding your requirement; however, wouldn't the Subscription feature allow you to Snapshot the report each day?

Subscriptions.png

Regards, Sduffy

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.