Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

R Gateway Connection Error

Hi There,

I am currently using R as a datasource for a report I have published on Power BI Service.

I have a personal gateway installed on a computer with R installed as well, this worked fine until today.

When I try and enter the credentials I get this error.

Any Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response @v-jiascu-msft.

It turns out the issue was with the Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.dll file that was with the personal gateway installation.

I had a gateway on a different computer which wasn't having any issues and copied this file over, replacing the original.

I now no longer have this problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

There is a hotfix in the latest release which solves a similar issue. I would suggest you download and upgrade your pbix file then publish to the Service again. It could solve this issue too. Download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331.

If it doesn't help, please provide some details about how to create the report. Such as the data source, the R script if possible. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response @v-jiascu-msft.

It turns out the issue was with the Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.dll file that was with the personal gateway installation.

I had a gateway on a different computer which wasn't having any issues and copied this file over, replacing the original.

I now no longer have this problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors