Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adamo5000

Quickbooks Online Dashboard, Reports blank

Hi Since few Days my data info are blank on Dashboard and Reports.

Im using Service Connector to Quickbooks Online.There is no  errrors on connections between Quickboosk and Power BI.

I can see data on Data Sets.Did setup new connection but no help.

Its possible that QuickBooks changed tables?

Adam

9 REPLIES 9
dabettes
Frequent Visitor

Can the Quickbooks Online (QBO) content pack pull in custom reports created in QBO? I just added the QBO (Beta) content pack to Power BI desktop and the only available data sources therein are basic attribute-based lists. Not even a trial balance!?

I don't think it can handle custom reports. Salesforce can, but in the Quickbooks content pack, you are connecting to a few of the underlying tables with a whole bunch of custom aggregation.

I have had the most success in dealing with Quickbooks by doing the following:
1. Ignore the content pack. It's fun to play with but you can't download pbix files, so the utility is verrry limited.
2. Do development in PowerBI desktop. It is a much, much richer development environment.
3. Publish to PowerBI service.
4. I use it to keep track of AR and collections. It has a nice aging.
5. I don't use it at this point for hitting the general ledger directly. Last time I checkered, which was many months ago now, I couldn't get the table to load properly nor could I get it to roll up properly.
6. If anyone from Intuit or Microsoft is reading this I would love to help make this little connector product transition from Beta to general release.

If there are any updates or guides on using the "fx Report" feature, please keep me updated... I've been trying with no success..

I tried pasting the custom report url in the "fx Report" url box, but it says i don't have proper credentials, although i have admin rights and used the owners login.. I tried using the API tools on developer.intuit.com but i run into the same issue. Most likely it's because I don't have much experience at all with API.....yet.

*Note: I am able, and currently using all of the other tables without issues*

Also, is this connector something being developed by Microsoft or Intuit? I'm guessing Microsoft, but don't know how some of these things work yet (New to Data).

Is there by chance a page dedicated to the developent progress on this connector? That would be super helpful..

Thank you in advance,

ericspletzer
Helper I
Helper I

I'm having the same problem, and it seems that certain tables are importing while others are not.  I have my customer, AR and AP data, but nothing in the general ledger....  It renders the software useless for this data.  Can anyone help?  I've uninstalled on intuits side.  I've reinstalled and reconnected QUickbooks Online via the service pack module.  It connects fine but does not bring in all the data. SOOOOOO frustrating.

I opened this issue as a ticket with Microsoft a few months ago and it's now mostly resolved. 

I can log in from Desktop and pull down data from the table "General Ledger". 

It may be related to another issue that I'm having, which is that the Quickbooks Online API can only handle one session at a time.  So, you can be logged in to Quickbooks on PowerBI Desktop or PowerBI Service, but not both.  It's as if there's a pointer in the API and it can point to Desktop or it can point to Service.  I've also noticed this issue with the Saleforce API.  

Hi @jaschro

If you are looking for a solutions that handles multi entity it might be worth to look at Clear Jelly (www.clearjelly.net) it enables you to automatically integrate and consolidate one or multiple entities even from different accounting systems (Xero, Quickbooks, Sage etc.) and load them in a cloud based data repository optimized for analysis. This typically gives you much better performance,  options to do proper consolidation as well as with Clear Jelly also budgeting and planning features. 

You can trial it for free - maybe it covers what you are looking for. Of course more than happy to assist with questions.

Martin

ericspletzer
Helper I
Helper I

I'm having the same problem, and it seems that certain tables are importing while others are not.  I have my customer, AR and AP data, but nothing in the general ledger....  It renders the software useless for this data.  Can anyone help?  I've uninstalled on intuits side.  I've reinstalled and reconnected QUickbooks Online via the service pack module.  It connects fine but does not bring in all the data. SOOOOOO frustrating.

ericspletzer
Helper I
Helper I

jaschro
Frequent Visitor

I'm noticing something similar.  Some things are clearly broken: 

1. The Content Pack that used to work no longer populates properly.  

2. I am able to pull Quickbooks Online data into PoweBI desktop, and I can publish that on the Power BI Service, but I cannot refresh that data from within the PowerBI service.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors