Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Griggers
Frequent Visitor

Quick Measure Rolling Average

Hi,

I have created a rolling average quick measure.

Im getting this message and really dont understand what needs to be done to rectify it -

"Time intelligence quick measures can only be grouped or filtered by the Power BI-provided date hierarchy or primary date column."

I have a date table that I generate in SQL but this is not marked as a Date Table. For time intelligence features in PBI do I need a table marked as a Date Table ?

Grateful for any assistance.

Griggers

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Griggers 

I found the explaination in docement.

Here are the points to note:

• You can use your own custom date tables with time intelligence quick measures. If you're using an external tabular model, make sure that when the model was built, the primary date column in the table was marked as a date table, as described in Specify Mark as Date Table for use with time-intelligence. If you're importing your own date table, make sure to mark it as a date table, as described in Set and use date tables in Power BI Desktop.
  • You can't create time intelligence quick measures when working in DirectQuery mode. The DAX functions used in these quick measures have performance implications when translated into the T-SQL statements that are sent to your data source.

Reference: Use quick measures for common and powerful calculations - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi Janey,

I have tried what has been suggested abaive, and still getthe same error.

All my datasets are import mode. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi, @Griggers 

Can you share some fake sample data and more information about how you do it? Otherwise, it’s hard to judge the specific reason.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors