Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sophie63
Helper I
Helper I

Quick Insights Disappeared ?

Hi all,

I have seen another post related but it did not answered my question.

When I am clicking on the dots in datasets, i cannot see the "Get Quick Insights" we used to see. My report IS NOT in Direct Query. It´s a report in Import Mode on which I used to get Quick Insights. How could you explain this issue?

Thanks!

quickinsights.PNG

Sophie

6 REPLIES 6
HarshaBatuka
Helper I
Helper I

Try to remove Roles if any created on your datasets and publish them. It worked for me!

timgould
Frequent Visitor

All my data is sourced from a static SharePoint file - no direct db connection.  Quick Insights is no longer an option in my service.  Please help.

shreya_garg
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I edited my data using Power BI Desktop and then uploaded the .pbix file to Power BI service. But there is no "Quick Insights" option available for the .pbix file. Can anyone help me as to understand why ?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, I just checked and can see the quick insights option. You might check in your left-hand nav bar and scroll down to datasets and check there. Or, it could have been a blip.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I did so and it´s not appearing neither... However I just checked other reports in different teams and some of them have the option available whereas some don´t. They are all Import files. Could it be related to the database? (Data are coming from an SQL database)

Hi @sophie63,

Based on my test, SQL data source supports Quick Insights. But some datasets can't generate Insights because the data isn't statistically significant, please refer to Optimize your data for Power BI Quick Insights.

Besides, would you please share your .pbix file so that I can try to publish in my environment to see whether issue persist?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors